1/19/09

potty training

I haven't been pushing the potty issue with Caleb, but since he is turning three in a couple of weeks thought I would give it a go. It is harder than I thought! We went through 7 pair of underwear last night! YIKES!! Good thing Gammi sent some with us! I am going to be consistent and hope for the best! If anyone has some advice...I would LOVE to hear it!!

3 comments:

BrandiMcavey said...

Oh goodness!! My youngest is 2 now and will be 3 in October. I am NOT looking forward to doing that again! Good luck to you and him, Leigh Anne! Hang in there! As for advice, just stay with it! You already know that one though. Good luck!

Palmer Family said...

I just went through this with Bryce. It was rough but I have to say that Bryce loved his Mickey Mouse underwear. I would just take him every 2 hours or so & make him "try" to tee-tee. I didn't ask him, we just went. Sometimes he had to go & sometimes he didn't. My goal was for his to be potty trained during the day time hours 1st. He wore pull-ups at night for about 2 months or so & then we tackled nighttime. Good luck.

Liss and MOMMY said...

We did made a whole day of it. We made kool-aid, juices whatever they wanted to drink and lots of it. We set a timer and every 20-30 minutes we went regardless if they thought they needed too. I didn't find out about this training till the second kid. But Joshua was trained in a day. Maude took a couple of days and then she got sick we restarted a few weeks later. We did pull-ups at night until the kids were dry in the morning for several mornings. I don't know of any really training for nights... Sorry so long!